Video: Unboxing the Garmin quatix 7 Smartwatch
This article originally appeared on SportFishingMag.com.
I am a fan of gadgets. That probably makes me well-suited to the job of an electronics editor. I can spend hours tinkering with anything electronic. That’s why I was excited to have a look at Garmin’s new quatix 7 smartwatch.
When the original quatix debuted, it was a bit too big and bulky for my size-small wrist, but I was able to wear a Garmin Fenix 5s, which introduced me to the whole genre of wearable computers. I even received an Apple Watch as a gift not long ago, but was soon reaching for the Fenix. It simply does everything… and easily.
The new quatix 7, released in April, does even more. And, it features a slender profile and much lighter weight than its predecessors. I instantly felt at ease with its 47 mm display. The 7 comes in three models — Standard, Sapphire, and Solar (with a 52 mm display) — and offers loads of new options including new boating features. Here are just a few:
- MFD control (not just remote viewing), anchor drag alerts, integrated tide data. Compatible with:
GPSMAP 7×2/9×2/12×2 Plus
GHC 20 autopilot control
GNT 10 transceiver
- New touchscreen display (in addition to traditional buttons)
- The Solar model features a built-in LED flashlight.
- Sapphire edition boasts an always-on AMOLED display for sharp clarity and brightness.
- Battery life ranges from up to 16 days for the Sapphire edition and up to 18 days for the Standard version to up to 90 days for the Solar model when it’s in battery-saver mode.
- Optional BlueChart g3 coastal or LakeVu g3 charts.
- GPS and 30-plus built-in sports apps for activities from running, walking, HIIT, cycling, and hiking to kayaking. It’s preloaded with SkiView maps and more than 42,000 golf courses from around the world.
- Enjoy 24/7 wrist-based HR, Pulse Ox, Body Battery energy monitoring, sleep score and more for health and wellness.
- Smart notifications, Garmin Pay contactless payments and Connect IQ app personalization.
The quatix 7, quatix 7 Sapphire and quatix 7X Solar range in price from $699.99 to $1,199.99.
App and hub turn mobile devices into chart plotters.
A closer look at these powerful tools.
The Bluespin retractable motors fit aboard vessels with outboard engines.
World’s largest electric outboard will be paired with new vessels from three brands.