All antennas are not created equal when it comes to the combined tasks of VHF communications and use with AIS. Shakespeare designed the Galaxy 5225-XT-AIS specifically to meet the broader bandwidth requirements of AIS transceivers (bandwidth is 3 MHz within 2.0-to-1 VSWR), and the unit includes a 20-foot low-loss RG-8/X cable (along with a PL-259 connector). Elements are brass and copper, gain is 6 dB, finish is a high-gloss polyurethane, and the 1-inch ferrule is stainless steel.
- Band: VHF/AIS Marine Band
- Antenna Gain: 6dB
- Max. Input Power: 100 watts
- SWR: Nominally 1.5:1 at 158.6 MHz
- Bandwidth: 3 MHz within 2.0:1 VSWR
- Ferrule: Stainless steel
- Coax Supplied: 20 ft of RG-8/X
- Connector Supplied: PL-259, not installed
- Color/finish: Galaxy White
- Polarity: Vertical
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- DC Ground: DC Grounded – The antenna will read shorted on continuity test.
- Shakespeare Limited Warranty: 5 years
- Store Name: Shakespeare
- Vendor: Shakespeare
6111 Shakespeare Rd.
- No ratings found yet!