Shakespeare Galaxy 5225-XT-AIS Antenna
Make the most out of your navigation and communications systems.
Category Navigation & Sonar Tags 2021 Marine Electronics Guide, 2022 Marine Electronics Guide, Antenna, Shakespeare
All antennas are not created equal when it comes to the combined tasks of VHF communications and use with AIS. Shakespeare designed the Galaxy 5225-XT-AIS specifically to meet the broader bandwidth requirements of AIS transceivers (bandwidth is 3 MHz within 2-to-1 VSWR), and the unit includes a 20-foot low-loss RG-8X cable (along with a PL-259 connector). Elements are brass and copper, gain is 6 dB, finish is a high-gloss polyurethane, and the 1-inch ferrule is stainless steel.
- Band: VHF/AIS Marine Band
- Antenna Gain: 6dB
- Max. Input Power: 100 watts
- SWR: Nominally 1.5:1 at 158.6 MHz
- Bandwidth: 3 MHz within 2.0:1 VSWR
- Ferrule: Stainless steel
- Coax Supplied: 20 ft of RG-8/X
- Connector Supplied: PL-259, not installed
- Color/finish: Galaxy White
- Polarity: Vertical
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- DC Ground: DC Grounded – The antenna will read shorted on continuity test.
- Shakespeare Limited Warranty: 5 years
- Store Name: Shakespeare
- Vendor: Shakespeare
6111 Shakespeare Rd.
- No ratings found yet!