Boaters looking for a marine stereo source unit with some serious punch will want to check out the new JBL-R3500, which pumps out four channels at 55 watts at 4 ohms each. All of the expected functionality is present and accounted for: AM/FM/WB radio, Bluetooth 5.0, aux and USB ports, and a set of pre-outs, plus 2-ohm stability. But the real change of pace in this case is a new shape. Rather than being a same-old, same-old round unit, the R3500 has a rectangular chassis. Not only does that provide a fresh new look, but it’s also better for dissipating all the heat a unit this powerful can create.
- Tuner: Understanding the need to listen to the ballgame, talk radio, or your favorite radio pop station, this source unit was thoughtfully engineered to master AM, FM and WB.
- 2 Ohm Stability: If you’re looking to add additional speakers, such as 4 hardtop speakers to your existing 4 interior speakers, the R3500's 2 ohm stability will allow you to do just that. And no need to purchase an additional amplifier to do so.
- Rear amplifier plug
- BT5.0: While lesser stereos integrate older BT technology, the R3500 incorporates BT5.0. BT5 allows two boaters to connect at the same time, allowing multiple users to take turns playing tunes. BT5 also transfers data faster and has a greater range than BT4.2.
- USB Input: With USB input, play your favorite MP3 and WMA tracks via a USB drive. In addition, this port can also be used to charge your smartphone, which means not missing an important phone call or your tunes.
- Pre-Outs: With a set of pre-outs (Left and Right), expandability is on your horizon. Add an amp or a subwoofer for additional performance.
- Reliability Testing: The R3500 undergoes a testing process that leaves the competition in its wake. From sun to salt to thunderstorms to overturned soda, we test so that you enjoy your music all day.